5 Celebrities Who Are Vegetarian

    vegetarian meal

    A few years ago, if you said you were vegan, you might have gotten a few weird looks. Nowadays is quickly becoming more accepted and even popular to have a completely animal product-free diet. And a big part of that is the growing number of celebrities who speak up about their vegan lifestyles.

    1. Mike Tyson

    Tyson is admittedly not the kind of person the average person imagines when they think “vegan”. Iron Mike turned to veganism in 2010 for health reasons. According to him, a vegan diet gave him a “second opportunity to live a healthy life” after “all the drugs and bad cocaine”. The former heavyweight boxing champion claims that after he became a vegan, his arthritis, high blood pressure and difficulty breathing diminished a lot.

    2. Alanis Morissette

    The singer and songwriter became a vegan in 2009 for one reason: longevity. She has said that she wants to live until she is 120. She felt unhealthy from processed food and she claims that she is creating a lifestyle that can “prevent most forms of cancer and other diseases”. As an added benefit, she is very happy with her weight loss and feels more energetic after the diet change. She is not a very strict vegan, only 80%. The other 20% is “following what her body needs”.

    3. Billl Clinton

    The former president started a vegan diet in 2010 and kept it going ever since. His quadruple bypass and stent surgery might have been part of his motivation to make the change. “I like the vegetables, the fruits, the beans, the stuff I eat now” he told a reporter. He also explained that his blood tests and vital signs are better and he feels good and with more energy.

    4. Ellen DeGeneres

    The comedian and TV show host made the switch to veganism back in 2008. Her motivation was her love for animals. “I saw reality and just couldn’t ignore it anymore”, she said. According to her, she changed her diet after reading several books on animal rights. Her wife, Portia de Rossi, is also a vegan and they are even planning to open their own vegan restaurant. Ellen has a blog about vegan lifestyle and she is very vocal about veganism.

    5. Carrie Underwood

    The movie star has been interested in animal rights since she was very young. She grew up in a farm and became a vegetarian at age 13. She jumped to a completely animal-free vegan lifestyle in 2011. She considers herself to be a “practical vegan”, so she allows herself to slip up for cultural or social reasons. “If I order something on a menu and it has a bit of cheese on top, I’m not going to send it back”, she confessed.


    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here